Thursday, January 14, 2010

Chapter 3

Through out my life I have found that God has his own way of answering prayers...and most times it's not what we expected. John Sr. did make his way back to us. But with a wife and step daughter. I was walking home from school with my siblings and we were followed by a white car who beat us to our driveway. A tall bald man and a shorter heavy woman approached the door. 


When I got to the front step I knew exactly who it was. John Sr had come home. He talked to Lena for awhile and I tried to talk to him but she ushered me inside and wouldn't let me out. So I stood behind her listening the whole time. Finally a fourteen-year-old girl got of the car. John Sr. introduced her as his daughter. Instantly I was red with jealous rage. She wasn't even his biological daughter! I wanted even more to go live with him now. They talked to more and then John's crew left. 


I remember thinking he couldn't have come at a better time. The abuse and wild life Lena created for me became more and more dangerous with each passing day. 


Still till this day I haven't had the chance to tell Lena this story. She had me do a delivery for her one evening. When I got to the man's house he was really high and disillusional. His wife and daughter and blind son BJ were not at home. I gave him the white envelope of "spices" and before he'd give me the money and let me leave I had to watch him smoke it, just in case it was bad dope. The man was already hitting at things in the air and paranoid that there was a killer in his house. 


He got through one joint and handed me the cash. I thought I was free to go but as he handed me the wad his face turned velvet red. He grabbed me by the arm and started yelling at me and shaking me. He called me a liar and a cheater.  Apparently he thought I was his wife. The man kept telling me that I was his and no one else's and he caught me sleeping with other men. 


I struggled and cried and tried to break free but his hands were huge and caged in my paper thin arms. He didn't like me struggling so to stop me, he pulled back and slapped me hard in the face. He let go of my arm and used that same hand to do it. I bolted I ran to the door and next thing I knew I was face down in the pavement. He'd kicked me in the back and told me that he was going to leave me. I held the cash tight and ran as fast as I could for home. I threw the cash in Lena's room and went to mine to cry myself to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment